Many auto insurance companies in the United States are giving premium refunds to their clients due to decreased auto usage during the Covid-19 pandemic. Billions of dollars of auto insurance premiums will be refunded in the coming months. Below is a list of some of the carriers that we represent that are offering refunds and what exactly it will look like for our customers. This list will be updated as our office learns more information.
- Will be refunding up to 15% of Private Passenger Auto premiums for the months of April and May 2020.
- This refund will automatically occur.
- Customer’s refund will be applied to any outstanding balance on their billing account. Any remainder will be returned via check or their automatic payment method.
- Existing customers must have bodily injury coverage in force on March 31, 2020, in order for the refund to apply.
- Providing a 25% personal auto premium refund for the months of April and May.
- Details on how the refunds will process will be shared as we receive them.
- If you have an active personal auto policy at the end of April, you will receive a credit for 20% of your April premium. The same 20% credit to active personal auto customers at the end of May, and additional credits, may be offered in the upcoming months.
- There’s nothing you need to do. Progressive will automatically calculate your credit at the end of each month, and then you will see it reflected in your account within a few weeks. If you have a balance on your policy, the credit will be applied directly to your remaining balance. And if you are already paid in full, Progressive will return the money to the payment account on file—so please make sure your payment details are up to date.
- Personal auto insurance customers will receive a 15% refund on two months of their auto premium, based on your premium amount as of April 7, 2020. The refund will happen automatically, and you do not need to call to get your refund.
- Safeco is planning to issue the refund in the manner you made your most recent payment or by check.
- Customers with an auto policy will soon receive dividends, providing additional financial relief in response to the impacts of Covid-19.
- This dividend payout will be paid to personal and commercial auto (fleet and non-fleet) insurance Customers with policies in force as of April 1, 2020.
- The dividend payout represents about 30 percent of two months’ auto insurance premium for an eligible Customer. That translates to 5 percent of a Customer’s annual premium.
- Customers will receive a single check for the dividend in the mail in mid-May.
- Customers who have an in-force auto policy as of April 30, 2020 will receive a 15% premium credit.
- The credit will be automatically applied to policy holder’s accounts.
- This credit will be visible in policy holder’s account in the near future.